Update: NicoNico has updated the start time for this event. It appears the 2 on 2 tournament will begin Saturday, February 11th at 9:00 PM EST.
Tokaigi Game Party, a gaming convention in Japan, will be taking place this weekend.
The convention will feature a 2 on 2 tournament for Pokkén, and some of Japan's best players will be participating. It's also worth noting that Pokkén Tournament Producer Masaaki Hoshino will be in attendance. While this may not lead to anything, keep in mind that Corrin and Bayonetta were showcased for Smash Wii U last year, a month before they were released (Edit: @Mins also pointed out that Chandelure and Shadow Mewtwo being playable were both announced at the last Tokaigi). This means there is the possibility of a Pokkén DLC announcement this weekend - or perhaps even the announcement of a Switch port.
The 2 on 2 tournament will begin on February 11th, 2017 at 9:00 PM EST. The details are as follows:
- The tournament will be played on the Arcade version of Pokkén Tournament.
- Darkrai, Scizor, Croagunk, and Empoleon are allowed.
- Team members may not use the same Battle Pokémon.
- Support Pokémon may be changed after a match.
- Waseda format: Each team member plays an opponent of the opposing team. If each team wins one game, the two players who won will face off.
- Random Stages.
- Skill Points enabled.
Edited by Jetsplit