*Product Provided by Nintendo
Hello! WonderChef and I have received review copies of Pokkén Tournament DX and we have teamed up to explore the new changes that have been made with the cast. This list is currently in progress, so please check back frequently as we will update this post once something new is discovered. Let's get started!
*This list contains the new changes from the DX patch that differs from 1.5 (Current Arcade Version in Japan)
- Field Phase: jY is now two hits, and each hit does 30 damage which link together. The first hit is when the bubble lands on opponent's head, and the second hit is when the bubble lands on the ground and splashes. In previous versions, this attack was one hit and dealt 30 damage.
- Field Phase: You can now change Aurora Beam trajectory with sA. You can aim the beam left or right.
- Duel Phase: In Burst Mode, Suicune now has 2 water guns that shoot at different angles when using j.Y. One will shoot towards the grounded opponent, the other will shoot slightly above.
- Duel Phase: There is now a new follow-up attack after 6y. If you execute 6yy, Blaziken will follow up with an attack that has a similar animation to fY in field, but without the projectile. This follow-up is safe on block, and crumples the opponent if it crits allowing you to continue with any other attack to continue a combo.
- Duel Phase: SM2 can now teleport into the air during Psywave in all 3 directions. This is performed by doing 5AB + any direction (4 for back, 5 for up, 6 for forward). You can also teleport into the air after the first slash during Psywave by performing 5AYB. His forward teleport goes significantly farther than his other aerial teleports, as well as his forward ground teleport.
- Duel Phase/Field Phase: Burst mode 5A now crumples and is now worth at least 6 PSP. After the crumple, you can follow up with another attack or hex to continue into a combo.
- Duel Phase: Burst mode 6XX now shoots out a full screen laser instead of the normal mid range fire follow up. This follow up attack (after 6X) also crumples the opponent in both buffered and delayed version. After the crumple, you can follow up with another attack or hex to continue into a combo. This move has at least 6 PSP.
- Duel Phase/Field Phase: You can now dash out of Moonblast before the projectile comes out. You can only forward dash, and it is after the first initial startup hitbox before the arrow(s) take off. This is performed by ]A[ R. This is minus but safe on block. If the opponent gets hit by the startup of Moonblast and you dash forward, they will quickly crumple, but you are not able to use any of Gardevoir's attacks to follow up.
- Duel Phase: You can now follow up Machamp's roll (2XR) with an armored hammer punch. This is performed by using 2XRX. Armor frames activate immediately after the roll, and this attack is plus on block. If this attack crits, it will launch opponent.
- Duel Phase/Field Phase: You can now attack quickly out of jR
- Field Phase: You can now cancel jY into jR
- Duel Phase: 2XX has a just frame option added, 2X;X. This is performed by executing the follow up right when the first attack hits the opponent. 2XX does 102 damage and is 3 PSP. 2X:X is 116 damage and is 2 PSP.
- Field Phase: Sceptile can now n[Y] which is similar to nY but the two leaves stay lingering in place right in front of you, spaced, for a short duration. You are still able to dash and 5A after this attack. The hitboxes last for about 2 seconds.
- Field Phase: nY from patch 1.5 has been removed and has been changed to a new move entirely. The new nY shoots out 3 small orbs that slightly
Thanks for reading, we will update this post once we find more!