With Pokkén Tournament DX coming later this week, this site's staff - as well as some awesome members of the community - have been hard at work to make sure Pokkén Arena is ready for the game's launch. One thing we all agree needs work is the consistency of the front page. However, in order to do this, we need more volunteer writers who can help cover all of the potential stories that come up. This is why Pokkén Arena is now accepting applications for volunteer writing positions!
If you would be interested in writing content for this site's front page, read the position outline below.
Volunteer Opportunity: Pokkén Arena - Writer
Pokkén Arena is seeking passionate individuals to join a team of volunteer Writers and Editors. This is an opportunity to become part of the voice people turn to for news from the Pokkén community.
The Role: Writer
As a Pokkén Arena Writer, you will be expected to coordinate with the rest of the Writers and Editors to provide viewers with prompt and interesting stories. Pokkén Arena is looking for various types of Writers, as there are many types of articles that will be written - from news stories, to editorials about the community, and more.
• Work closely with the rest of the Writers and Editors to understand expectations and deadlines
• Communicate concerns to the team in a proactive manner
• Write and promote interesting, informative content
• Help to create a welcoming environment on the front page - encouraging newcomers to join the forums and the Discord servers
• Provide feedback to other Writers and Editors on the team when necessary
• Examples of past written works
- Examples can be news stories, creative works, or otherwise; they should reflect the type of articles you primarily want to write for Pokkén Arena
- These can be from anywhere, as long as it is your original content
• A love for Pokkén and the community
• Experience working closely with a team
• Examples of work related to the Pokkén community
• Experience with various types of written work (news stories, creative works, etc.)
• Free time!
Things to Note
These are NOT paid positions. The Pokkén Arena staff volunteers their time for the benefit of the community. As part of the team, you should not expect any reward for your work.
How to Apply
To apply for the Writer position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that contains the following...
- Subject: RE: Volunteer Opportunity: Pokkén Arena - Writer
- Body: Include your tag, contact info and your cover letter - why do you want to write for Pokkén Arena?
- Attachments: Any examples of past written works you think would be beneficial for us to see
Upon receiving your email, the entire team will review your application. If we feel you would make a good fit for the Writing team, we will contact you regarding the next step. You don't need to provide a formal resume for this position - this is volunteer work, after all! What we are interested in seeing is that you can write, and that you are passionate about Pokkén.