This month's Nintendo Direct Mini gave Pokkén fans a lot to be excited about, with Aegislash and Blastoise joining the roster along with two new Support Sets. Last night during EVO Japan, The Pokémon Company showcased Aegislash gameplay and revealed the details for the balance patch that will be accompanying the fighter's release this coming Wednesday, January 31. This is even more confirmation that The Pokémon Company plan to continue supporting Pokkén Tournament DX, which is excellent news for any fan of the game.
You can see the Aegislash showcase from EVO Japan here. Thanks to Pentao, you can also read on to find the full translated patch notes. Keep in mind these are not official translations, so if you spot any mistakes please let us know.
- Bug Fixes
- Gameplay Recording: Pokkén Tournament DX has been updated to allow players to record and share 30 second video clips using the Nintendo Switch's Record button.
- Aerial Attacks: Made it so you can no longer be grabbed out of certain aerial attacks.
- System Change: Fixed a problem where inputting commands before landing could allow you to perform actions you shouldn't be able to.
- System Change: Fixed a problem where inputting commands right before getting hit would cause you to be able to do things you shouldn't be able to.
- jX (Field): Fixed a problem where this move wouldn't properly hit aerial opponents.
- jX (Duel): Fixed a problem where this move wouldn't properly autocorrect when opponents are behind Charizard.
- Iron Tail: Fixed an issue where Iron Tail wouldn't activate while Pikachu is in Synergy Burst.
- 8X: Increased damage.
- Homing Attack: Decreased damage.
- 4X: Made the timeframe where this move can be cancelled larger. Also, made it easier to move after using this attack.
- 5Y: Decreased combo scaling.
- 6Y: Increased the move's range.
- 5X: Increased blockstun and increased knockback on a blocking opponent.
- Dig: Fixed a problem where you could move during the attacking portion of Dig.
- fY (Field): Increased damage. Causes a hard knockdown entering Duel Phase.
- Bone Rush ~ Upward Followup: Increased recovery frames.
- 6X/6[X] (Burst Mode): Increased damage scaling.
- Bone Rush ~ Downward Followup (Burst Mode): Fixed an issue where clashing against another attack didn't work properly.
- Force Palm (Charged): Fixed an issue where the move didn't work properly.
- Fake Out: Can now be charged for a stronger version of Fake Out.
- jX (Field): Can now be cancelled into Pokémon Moves.
- Burst Attack: Now hits aerial opponents more accurately.
- jX: Increased blockstun.
- Burst Attack: Fixed a rare case where the attack wouldn't transistion into the cinematic.
- ]X[: Reduced Synergy Gauge cost.
- 4Y: Increased blockstun.
- Guts: Now has the same defense buff as others when in guts.
- SS X (Slam): Reduced damage
- ]Y[: Reduced Damage
- ]Y[: Fixed and issue where some hits would miss on certain characters
- jX (Field): Fixed and issue where this wouldn't track grounded opponents properly.
LITTEN & POPPLIO
- Litten: Fixed a bug where Litten would cause a Critical Hit when hitting a grabbing opponent.
EMOLGA & FENNEKIN
- Fennekin: Can no longer wallsplat opponents.
SNIVY & LAPRAS
- Lapras: Increased hitbox size. Also cancels opponent's projectiles sooner.
FROGADIER & EEVEE
- Eevee: Heals more HP, but the attack buff is shorter.
CUBONE & DIGLETT
- Diglett: Increased chip damage. Also made it harder for opponents to escape Diglett in Field Phase.
JIRACHI & WHIMSICOTT
- Jirachi: Gives a smaller Synergy Gauge boost.
CROAGUNK & SYLVEON
- Croagunk: Increased chip damage.
- Sylveon: Heals more HP, but the defense buff is shorter.
PACHIRISU & MAGIKARP
- Pachirisu: Decreased charge time.
- Magikarp: Now hits the opponent faster.
MISMAGIUS & NINETALES
- Ninetales: Increased hitbox size, and the user can now move sooner after calling Ninetales.
- Ninetales: Decreased blockstun.
ROTOM & TOGEKISS
- Rotom: The user can now move sooner after calling Rotom, and it is now easier to combo after Rotom's attack.
- Togekiss: Heals more HP, but the speed buff is shorter.
FARFETCH'D & ELECTRODE
- Electrode: Chases opponents and explodes faster.
DRAGONITE & VICTINI
- Dragonite: Increased damage, and the attack combos into itself better on aerial opponents.
ESPEON & UMBREON
- Espeon: Decreased charge time, recovers more HP when there is less time remaining.
- Umbreon: Increased blockstun, decreased knockback.
RESHIRAM & CRESSELIA
- No changes.
MAGNETON & QUAGSIRE
- Magneton: Activates faster.
- Quagsire: Tracks opponents better.
YVELTAL & LATIOS
- No changes.
All of these updates will be available for players worldwide on January 31, 2018.