Over this past weekend, BadIntent released a new video in his Evil Thoughts series. This new video discusses focused improvement and breaks becoming a better player into three different blocks. BadIntent then discusses how players can determine what block (or blocks) they need to work on in order to improve.
For those who are unfamiliar with BadIntent, he has been a top level Blaziken and Shadow Mewtwo player since Pokkén Tournament released on the Wii U two years ago. He regularly releases videos that are great for players looking to improve their Pokkén play, so check out his other videos after watching the video below!
The three blocks that BadIntent discusses are as follows:
- A player's foundation
- Spacing, anti-airs, avoiding mix-ups, etc.
- Built by playing a lot of games
- Researching the game
- Learning Frame Data, memorizing height and armor properties, testing interactions in Training Mode, etc.
- Watching videos and reading guides
- Situational techniques (character-specific combos, meaty setups, option selects, etc.)
- Not something to base a player's entire gameplan around
- Can be used to gain an advantage
BadIntent explains more about each of these blocks, as well as how to determine which block you need to focus on, in the video below. Check it out and let us know what you think!
Enjoy the video? Be sure to subscribe to BadIntent for more!