lakenzu

Scizor Mathcup Document (Community Project)

Hello Scizor Players!

What good is it to study your character endlessly if you are going to get in a match and lose because you did not know you could just 8y Blazikens Blaze kicks, High jump Kick, and Flare Blitz? 
"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle"- Sun Tzu. I personally believe this to be true, and that is why it is important that we study and collect data on other characters as well. Below I have created a Scizor Matchup document. In it is all of Scizor's matchups and how he should player. Each character has their own section which needs to be filled out by the community! That's right, All Pokkén players have access to this information and the ability to edit it so its accurate. Once it is completely filled out with mostly accurate Data, then I will close who can edit it. The Sections are read as Follows

- Character Name (the character that Scizor is matching up against
     +General Breakdown
                A general breakdown of the character's abilities, gimmicks, typical fighting style and tactics and other facts about the character (Their Character type, Health, etc.)
     +Safe Moves on Shield
                 These are the moves that SCIZOR CANNOT PUNISH when they hit his shield. Do not attempt to do so.
     +Reactable Moves
                 These are the moves that are 14 frames or more and therefore you can react to with a 9 frame or other appropriate options. PLEASE LIST THE OPTION YOU SHOULD REACT WITH NEXt to the REACTABLE MOVE
     +Weird Tech
                 These are just the things that are Matchup specific you can take advantage of such as the fact Croagunk can use thief to dodge our burst attack
      +Matchup (percentage)
                 This is the breakdown of who is at advantage in the matchup, why, and how you should play the matchup in order to win. This takes all the information listed above and uses it to form a cohesive one or two paragraphs

The first matchup will be done by me to some degree just to give you all a frame of reference for how the document should be filled I hope. I hope that we can all use this resource together to come up with a good idea of how Scizor fair against the rest of the cast and form better ideas of how to play the character. Thanks in advance

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_1KA-98-z3KVeGB9htfVEOr5upz-Uny734uO9KOGUxk/edit?usp=sharing