slippingbug

LIBRE DX Q&A THREAD

Now that so many people are looking to pick up Pikachu Libre in Pokkén Dx, I'm sure there are lots of questions. Feel free to ask anything here. Do a quick skim-through to make sure your question hasn't already been asked if you could, but don't be afraid to ask anything!

13 hours ago, DDSFF said:

How do you feel about the libre scizor mu, and what are some tools they have to handle each other? 

I think the matchup right now is about even. Libre might end up winning the matchup since she can exploit scizor's tools quite well.

In field phase both want to play midrange and close up since that's where their best tools are. side y is good for scizor because he can go around libre linear projectiles. He has to worry about libre fY since it can go over and erase staples and catch side movement. He can bait this and whiff punish by using his dashes. Scizor's CA also outranges libre in field phase. Libre just has to catch the vulnerable frames or dash frames with discharge, quick attack, or fY. 

In duel phase, Scizor mainly will try to bait whiffs in the midrange and punish libre. As Libre you want to try to walk scizor to the corner so you can force an option from him and punish. Jump outs are punished with your 8y, spark, or 5x. Once you are up close to scizor as Libre just low profile or anti air most of his moves since they are highs and start your corner mixups with 5y. Jump ins can be pretty good vs scizor since you don't take too much damage from an anti air and you can always j.r back to bait it. 

Hope I gave you a decent answer, lmk if you have any other questions!

13 hours ago, Amethyst Espeon said:

How does one deal with Chandelure & Darkrai as Libre? Field phase in particular is hard for me, though any advice for duel phase would be appreciated as well.

I'm going to be honest, I haven't played the Darkrai matchup yet with Libre, so I would recommend watching any videos on this channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCniqc9Kndtjv0iMnkIkrlzA

For chandelure you can walk sideways around her fireballs and will o wisp in field phase. this will allow you to get in but be prepared to block any lasers on reaction offline (can't be blocked on reaction online). once you're in, if she commits to her bY, you cant react and punish her with fY. same punish if she tries to go into the air and do any aerial shenanigans. if she uses smog and u block it, you can just walk back in on her. after she is conditioned to stop using her bY, you can jump more freely and punish her if she commits to nY or smog in field. other decently safe pokes vs her in field are your own nY and also side homing attack. 

In duel phase you essentially wanna get in by reading a 2y and jumping over it. Always punish her anti air if she whiffs it. catching backdashes with discharge is also pretty good. if you stand outside chandelure's grab range there is little she can do about you just blocking and wait for her to mess up.

hope this helped!

I haven't been able to play as much as I have wanted to lately, but the Chandelure advice definitely seems like it would work well. I went back and looked at my own gameplay and I noticed I do 6X a lot more than I should, where I could double-team dodge overheat and the like if I used 5Y.

Against Darkrai, looks like you have to CADC through his zoning. Then you can get in through Spark, QA, or CA, depending on the situation. Looks like you play it a lot like you suggested against Chandelure. Far enough away he can't hard engage, but close enough he can't hard zone and you can punish misinputs. fY and homing attack don't do well (and tbh QA gets beaten against a lot of his moves it seems). 

Thanks for the link to the vids! Spy is awesome O.o

Edited by Amethyst Espeon

This probably isn't the perspective you're looking for but:

What are some tips when fighting AGAINST Libre (specifically with Sceptile and Darkrai)?

On 10/11/2017 at 10:39 PM, skysmaug384 said:

This probably isn't the perspective you're looking for but:

What are some tips when fighting AGAINST Libre (specifically with Sceptile and Darkrai)?

Sorry for getting to your question so late. Vs Libre it's important to abuse walking sideways in field since that will avoid many things like nY and CA. Don't throw out leaf blade since she can get a true punish on it with fY. u want to bait out fY and outspace and whiff punish it to win field. 

In duel phase u want to play midrange since that's libre's weakness. dont guess 8y bc she can get free whiff punishes vs you. you just want space with j.y and force approaches and punish accordingly. learn her frame data so you know when to press buttons vs her.

I don't know how darkrai is supposed to play the matchup i've never played it haha.