Sign in to follow this  
Hyper_Cutter

Scizor's Neutral

Field phase I actually find pretty homie.  I don't feel rushed to change the phase because his projectiles and counteraactiveness are all pretty nice. Big Claw has good durability and he has decent movement with side Y and Side YY. He can avoid enemy projectiles with either version of his back Y and staples is a fantastic defensive tool as well as setting up oki with it. Just remember it's a light.  You have access to U-Turn and Metal Claw in this phase, both great special moves, imo. Just try not to spend a sword if you ain't gotta. You'll want those for duel phase. Field is sword collecting mode, maybe.  Hover Dash and Hover Turn are fantastic here, too. Scizor just kinda straight up doesn't care about most projectiles. He can dash through lower durability ones or Hover Turn constantly to make them drop their tracking.

Duel Phase, I can't help you with, yet. I'm still looking for that, myself.

Against characters like Decidueye, Croagunk, Weavile, and Pikachu Libre, you want to force them back into a position where you can have control. If you don't have them locked down, these characters can be extremely tough to hit. Push them to the corner, and then start using Bullet Punch and 4Y to keep them in place. Emolga, Snivy, and Umbreon are wise picks.

Zoners are tricky to play against. You have to be very patient in Field, as there are almost no circumstances in which you can get Swords Dance without risk. Counter Attack is a useful move in these matchups, since it can deal with projectiles effectively with its range. These characters don't have a ton of mobility, so it will be easy to hit them with your attacks from max range.

All the other matchups I've played thus far have mostly revolved around keeping my opponent at bay with attacks. Most characters will have to approach when faced with Scizor with swords at fullscreen. 4Y, 2Y, and 8X are great pokes that have a variety of uses. Let the opponent come to you, then smash them with your powerful attacks.