34 posts in this topic

Litten combos

jX, (litten), 5A, j6YY AA (242 dmg)

5YY, 6AA, (litten) jAA (250 dmg)

Burst mode: 4[Y], (litten) BA (279 dmg)

5YY, 6AA, 2X, (litten), 4[Y] (299 dmg)

6YY. (litten), 5A, jYX AA (298 dmg)

Edited by Sabrewoif

So here's the wall combo's I have so far, not sure if they are optimal but this is the first time I have done any labbing myself with no prior knowledge. HOPEFULLY it all makes sense and works, there are a few tricky delays in there. I have found that the most important factor for determining optimum damage is the number of hits you get on multihit attacks (e.g. jy). From what I have found, the more the better. More hits = more damage, logical I suppose! :P

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VyGZLIs341lkqM3sNBlccuafod1ZzPPRrZ_FcNPe71k/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Arpee

Bullet Punch > Just Frame X-Scissor wallsplat to Bullet Punch > Bug Bite does not work on at least Decidueye.

1/2AAA j.YYX~R j.Y(1)X 1A~Y+B

Positive it works on the entire cast, but timing varies and it's pretty strict. 195 damage, so new optimal from Bullet Punch.

I have one!!! 

1) (Need both Swords dance up) 2aa~a j.yyx~r j.yyy (187 damage)
2) (Only needs one Swords but not sure how safe 5X is on shield. looks good though)  5x~a j.yyx~r j.yyy (193 damage)

Both cause a phase shift. 

Edited by lakenzu

219 damage with 1 Sword Dance stack: 6XX > jYYX~R > jYYYY
Works on the entire cast, although Garchomp requires stricter timing for some reason
Probably not the optimal one sword dance combo, but its good and easy damage

So my immediate interest was that you can do instant air hover jY stuff into full combos. I can't really get a whole bunch of damage, 160-170ish, but instant air hover jY confirms easy into what seems like great pressure/safe cancels, and you get some generous wall carry from just basic jy jx > ground stuff follow ups. Not really attempting to optimize, but it's damn cool that you can convert so low to the ground with jump > hover cancels.

Bit new to actually practicing combos, could anybody clarify what the "hXX" notation means in slippinbug's combos? I understand most of it but I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean

On 9/21/2017 at 1:35 PM, Arpee said:

So here's the wall combo's I have so far, not sure if they are optimal but this is the first time I have done any labbing myself with no prior knowledge. HOPEFULLY it all makes sense and works, there are a few tricky delays in there. I have found that the most important factor for determining optimum damage is the number of hits you get on multihit attacks (e.g. jy). From what I have found, the more the better. More hits = more damage, logical I suppose! :P

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VyGZLIs341lkqM3sNBlccuafod1ZzPPRrZ_FcNPe71k/edit?usp=sharing

I'll look at wall combos today - thanks for the ideas.

On 9/22/2017 at 7:16 AM, Milln said:

Bullet Punch > Just Frame X-Scissor wallsplat to Bullet Punch > Bug Bite does not work on at least Decidueye.

Doesn't work on anyone.

19 hours ago, lakenzu said:

I have one!!! 

1) (Need both Swords dance up) 2aa~a j.yyx~r j.yyy (187 damage)
2) (Only needs one Swords but not sure how safe 5X is on shield. looks good though)  5x~a j.yyx~r j.yyy (193 damage)

Both cause a phase shift. 

The optimal combo from Bullet Punch looks like this: 1/2AA~A j.YYX~R j.YX 1A~Y+B. It does 195 damage, works on every character, and only requires 1 sword.

That's the right combo to use from 5X, but 2 problems. 1, 5X is a terrible move that has absolutely no use. 2, you're not getting all the hits of j.Y, which will increase your damage.

11 hours ago, DegabaKitten said:

219 damage with 1 Sword Dance stack: 6XX > jYYX~R > jYYYY
Works on the entire cast, although Garchomp requires stricter timing for some reason
Probably not the optimal one sword dance combo, but its good and easy damage

You got pretty close with this one! Optimal is 6XX j.YYX~R j.Y(2)Y j.AA. You only want 2 hits of j.Y so that you don't reach 21 hits before the j.A is finished. Also, you can conserve swords and lose only 7 damage: 6XX j.YX~R j.YX 1A~Y+B.

6 hours ago, Piro said:

So my immediate interest was that you can do instant air hover jY stuff into full combos. I can't really get a whole bunch of damage, 160-170ish, but instant air hover jY confirms easy into what seems like great pressure/safe cancels, and you get some generous wall carry from just basic jy jx > ground stuff follow ups. Not really attempting to optimize, but it's damn cool that you can convert so low to the ground with jump > hover cancels.

I can't think of when I'd ever be in a position to use that, but I'll try and optimize it tonight.

5 hours ago, Sunder said:

Bit new to actually practicing combos, could anybody clarify what the "hXX" notation means in slippinbug's combos? I understand most of it but I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean

It means XX from hover dash. Similarly, hY means Y from hover dash. Both of them are unique moves. hXX is technically the same as 6XX, but it inexplicably has more damage. 

A cool one that Arpee taught me earlier on is

6XX j.YX~R j.YX~R j.Y~A

203 damage if you hit all of the bullet punches

Can also add another A at the end if you have swords dance but you only get 4 more damage

sozzers if this is already widely known

3 hours ago, Yoehn said:

6XX j.YX~R j.YX~R j.Y~A

Can also add another A at the end if you have swords dance but you only get 4 more damage

I enjoy this midscreen combo, For having a swords dance probably worth experimentig with differenr jy hits to get the optimal damage in order to conserve hits so that the spinny finisher in the air gets all the damage. Depending on where you are though you might get a wall splat which can do around 237 or something. But can't rely on that happening ofc. 

Enjoy seeing people finding new optimals though! Keep at it Six and others! ?

Edited by Arpee

12 hours ago, Yoehn said:

6XX j.YX~R j.YX~R j.Y~A

Slightly modifying this to 6XX j.YX~R j.XYA gets 223 in the corner and keeps them pinned to the wall

With one sword it goes up to 265

EDIT: Added the video directly below from a later post

Another for the corner, maybe someone else can do some more with this idea

Edited by Nix

16 hours ago, Nix said:

Slightly modifying this to 6XX j.YX~R j.XYA gets 223 in the corner and keeps them pinned to the wall

You can get a teeny bit more if you're in the corner by going 6XX > jY(1)Xr > jY(5)YA = 230

With swords it does 275

Edited by Arpee

11 hours ago, Yoehn said:

6XX j.YX~R j.YX~R j.Y~A

8 hours ago, Arpee said:

I enjoy this midscreen combo, For having a swords dance probably worth experimentig with differenr jy hits to get the optimal damage in order to conserve hits so that the spinny finisher in the air gets all the damage. Depending on where you are though you might get a wall splat which can do around 237 or something. But can't rely on that happening ofc. 

Enjoy seeing people finding new optimals though! Keep at it Six and others! ?

Optimal from 6XX is 6XX j.YYX~R j.YY j.A. Forgot how much it does exactly. Check if i'm wrong...

7 hours ago, Nix said:

Another for the corner, maybe someone else can do some more with this idea

How is this combo even supposed to work? Can you record it?

And for all of you: help me optimize my combos! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vtlD94M661iePEazBDmCaslFpfanQ5D9b7GX-KNXKj0/edit?usp=sharing

6 minutes ago, Six said:

41 minutes ago, Nix said:

Managed to squeeze out more: 6XX j.X~R j.YY j.AA does 241+30.

16 minutes ago, Six said:

Managed to squeeze out more: 6XX j.X~R j.YY j.AA does 241+30.

Ditto there

6XX j.YX~R j.X[delay]YA

Just now, Nix said:

Ditto there

6XX j.YX~R j.X[delay]YA

Nice! That's going on the list - I'll make sure to credit you.

17 hours ago, Six said:

I can't think of when I'd ever be in a position to use that, but I'll try and optimize it tonight.

I got instant air hover jYYX YY1AX:X for about 184, but that's the best I can do.

7 hours ago, Six said:

Nice! That's going on the list - I'll make sure to credit you.

Well I mean, it's the same combo i said up above that does  275? 

16 hours ago, Arpee said:

You can get a teeny bit more if you're in the corner by going 6XX > jY(1)Xr > jY(5)YA = 230

With swords it does 275. 

Edited by Arpee

9 hours ago, Six said:

Optimal from 6XX is 6XX j.YYX~R j.YY j.A. Forgot how much it does exactly. Check if i'm wrong...

And for all of you: help me optimize my combos! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vtlD94M661iePEazBDmCaslFpfanQ5D9b7GX-KNXKj0/edit?usp=sharing

For you 6XY wall combo, you have noted down HXX, I assume you mean 6XX where he slides along the ground, can you record the combo as I can't connect the slide after hitting with jY they fall too fast.

Edited by Arpee