Sign in to follow this  
PokkenZard

Newbie Q&A Thread

Got a question about the game or our scene, but you're worried it's too "basic" to post on the forums? It's not—it belongs here! Post your question in a reply to this thread, and one of the site regulars will be happy to help answer it.

What does the game mean when it says "Synergy Burst Enhanced"? In what ways does it get enhanced?

Synergy Burst Enhanced is a buff to your Burst Form. You will do more damage and receive less damage while in Burst on-top of the buffs Burst mode naturally gives. The exact percentages I'm not sure on, I think it's an extra 10% to both attack and defense but I could be wrong. I'm sure someone will correct me on the percentages.

the stat boosts you get during single player mode (level ups). are those stat boosts in local 1v1s? What about online 1v1?

On 10/2/2017 at 5:50 PM, Zevrend said:

What's the best support + cheer combo for Decidueye?

That's really up to you, many people use many different things that fit their play-style. So just use what you feel comfortable with!

16 hours ago, abel said:

the stat boosts you get during single player mode (level ups). are those stat boosts in local 1v1s? What about online 1v1?

The Skill points you earn in the Single Player, Online Matches and in the Daily Challenge, all take effect in online matches. You can reset these points in My Town. Some people do, some people don't its up to you. However, if you plan to compete in LAN tournaments Skill Points are turned off, so I recommend turning them off for online play to get a true sense of your Pokemon.

On 10/2/2017 at 4:50 PM, Zevrend said:

Take my opinion with a grain of salt as I don't play Decidueye, but popular choices among the whole cast include Emolga, Eevee, Frogadier, Jirachi, Togekiss, and Umbreon. Whimsicott is pretty good against characters who rely on projectiles. Obviously, they're all good for different reasons, but I'd recommend looking into those supports first.

On 10/2/2017 at 4:50 PM, Zevrend said:

It somewhat depends on the individual matchup but a few solid general options for support include ones like Togekiss (the speed boost adds to Decidueye's already high mobility and improves his neutral and the healing gives Decidueye a little more longevity), Eevee (attack boost increases Decidueye's already good damage output and helps Decidueye deal with opponents in burst), and Frogadier (helps Decidueye get through zoning as well as applies pressure and sets up for unblockables with the right timing). As for cheer skills, most players will run special for synergy gain but you could also run support if you're really needing support for a specific matchup or even whimsical if you tend to play defensively and get a lot of timeouts (you won't get support benefits if you win a round by timeout except for whimsical - it'll do something regardless of the outcome of a round)