nXX -12 Relevant
6Y -16 Relevant
j.6YY -12 Relevant
5X -16  
6X <-25 String
6XX -12 Relevant
2X -12  
FS Y -16 String

Great list, thanks. I hope this is some helpful background for anyone looking for more detail.

6A (Fire Punch): The String here is that Charizard can do a normal Fire Punch with 6A, or go into flying stance at the end by inputting 6[A].  Because of that, your best punish option is one that can cover both: a fast high that will hit Charizard whether he's standing or airborne. While the counter property makes a grab punish tempting, that's rarely a good idea unless it can catch airborne opponents, like Sceptile's Leaf Storm.

j.6YY: The second hit has decent knockback, so most characters will have an easier time punishing if they're already back against the wall. Also note this is not a true hitstring. A fast antiair can hit Charizard in between the two hits (the tail swipe and the claw)—but that requires a hard read since j.6Y alone is safe.

j.8A: This is one of Charizard's preferred combo enders. For example, j.Y j.8A is a simple but hard-hitting oki option. You'll rarely see Charizard use this move alone: you're more likely to be able to punish it as a bad hit "confirm."

j.fA, Flying Stance Y: With respect, I don't think these are as important to learn. The first is a situational combo ender; the second is most often used as a linker. It's rare that a Charizard gives opponents an opportunity to punish either.

Edited by PokkenZard
clarity

31 minutes ago, PokkenZard said:

j.fA, Flying Stance Y: With respect, I don't think these are as important to learn. The first is a situational combo ender; the second is most often used as a linker. It's rare that a Charizard gives opponents an opportunity to punish either.

These are important, imo, so that you can easily deal with them and don't get janked out by them at lower levels.

Thinking about it, I concede your point. If I were to label them as relevant, then a lot of other things (ex. 5X) would be labeled like that as well and it would obfuscate the message I want to get across.

For sure it's a tough judgment call. Because it's mainly a judgment about the meta, and the meta is different at lower levels vs. higher levels, and changes over time. But yeah, following that all the way to the end just leads you to mark everything Relevant. ;)