ALLISTER

How did you end up with your Gamertag?

69 posts in this topic

I switch tags a lot, and I wish I had a story why I went with the one I currently use for main gaming accounts, but I don't. I just liked the idea of some elegant sounding name, and went with Fleur. It just stuck with me, and I decided to keep it. Honestly I kind of like it since I feel it fits with a Trainer who'd use Pokemon like Gardevoir, Delphox, Roserade, etc.

Edited by Arcane Magician Venus

In an ssb project M mod i develop, Lyn is my main character. Guy was a favorite unit of mine in fire emblem. these two hail from Sacae It is said that Sacaeans do not lie and i'm honest above most else, so i call myself Sacaean.

Used to be "Szion" , an anagram of Sonic replacing the C with a Z when i was younger. All the cool kids in my clique had sonic OC's so i had to have one too. (Still dont understand the craze for having one, its pretty weird). kept that name for over a decade and it doesn't represent me very well (also difficult for people to pronounce, despite being literally "Sigh on " ) So this is what I'm going with for now. Nobody I know is adjusting to it very well QQ

Wazurau means to fall ill in Japanese, played a lot of mmorpgs in early 2000's, and i would play as an assassin specializing in poisons.

Most of the tags I use online come from original characters and creatures I've created. Hyperdon is the species name of a group of characters that can transform into ludicrously powerful beasts of their namesake.

I also go by Gigaraver, a monster of great power and absolutely titanic proportions (the "Rave" part means to roar loudly since a gigaraver's roar sounds like countless waterfalls) (Lately I've gone by Giga-Hyperdon in some places). And on Smashboards my decade+ old account goes by Anomilus, another character I made.

While playing Pokkén I typically go by Hyperdon. But occasionally I'll change to a female character named "Galiaverse". That one's a eldritch creature known as "The Living Universe" and as such can barely be comprehended in its true form. That's also the name I go by on YouTube.

...Speaking of Pokkén, I occasionally also play as a female named "Giga_Slave!". That's not an original reference. That's a Slayers anime reference, referring to the

**SPOILERS** spell the character casts, which turns out to be a summoning spell that calls The Lord of Nightmares. **END SPOILERS**

Did that specifically for playing Darkrai. :)

Ultimately, I have a huge well to draw from should I want to be known by a different name. :)

Edited by Hyperdon

No clue, I just started using it. I'll probably come up with something else soon though, after seeing all the backstory other people have to their usernames.

I keep trading out from GraciouS and GloriouS, but if you're a fan of the Bayonetta series like I am, then you should know why I named myself this.

I really always used to name myself after a pokemon.

The only name that I actually put imagination to is ninjaboy12 cause I was and to this day still am painfully obsessed with all things relating to ninjas. Then the day greninja became a thing I loved his design and really triggered my ninja obsession. I changed my name to greninjafan asap. After ash-greninja got announced and released I just thought, "hey! Why not?" And that's who you see here today :3 

I actually picked up my tag in 2012 after watching Legend of the Guardians, the Owls of Ga'hoole for the first time. "Tyto" is a species of owl, mainly tying in with barn owls, masked owls, and others of the sort. When I was younger, I was always fascinated with tornadoes and weather, which is where the suffix "Vortex" comes from. Funnily enough, SM2 has a move called Vortex which coincidentally ties in quite nicely with my name! The reason I get so heated when people pronounce Tyto (tie-toe) wrong is because of my passion for owls, which are my favorite animals. "Tito" absolutely will not fly! All jokes aside though, I've always liked my tag for its originality. I've never met anyone else with an IGN like mine. 

KandiSAI.

Hed Kandi is voted the worlds most glamorous music record label, located in the UK. "kandi" is referred to as Candy and "hed" is head. So together it's Head Candy. Head candy can mean something pleasing to the head such as drugs or in this case music, thus the title Hed Kandi. I worked for a record label many years ago in the UK as well. I'm a music producer so I took the name Kandi and added it to my previous producer alias "SAI". KandiSAI. It's a feeling and a lifestyle filled with peace, love, unity and respect. This is what it means to be a kandi kid.

How I ended up with my gamertag is I combined Cure Rhythm from Suite Precure and my favourite Kira Kira Precure A la Mode character Cure Parfait's names together.

I had to come up of a name for a D&D character, so i used a name generator. I ended up mispelling the name i got from the name generator, and gave him a sirname:

Kyzous Arondite 

Arondite from the anti-ship sword the Destiny Gundam uses.

The name stuck, and here i am.

Actually, you can google "kyzous" and it'll come up with a bunch of results for different pages, all of which are me (as of now).

My friend was writing a story and used his friends names as inspiration for his characters. The one based off of me was named Andurs Faroeson, and I ended up using it as my handle. It's been replacing my longstanding username (the one I've had since I was 6) pretty much everywhere.

The reason I chose to go with the tag Jet was really just because I was trying to think of something cool that started with my favourite letter J. Which I guess is kinda boring, but I have got a good story about what I did the first time Jet wasn't available at the time I wanted to set my username

My first instinct was to go for JetWasTaken, but ironically that was taken too. I then wanted to go for JetWasTakenWasTaken but that was too long, so I shortened it to JetWasTakenX2 (The X2 standing for times 2) But I decided to remove the WasTaken part and ended up with JetX2, which I'm pretty happy with to this day

(And if thats taken, I go for JetX02)

In primary school a classmate and I used to call each other stupid nicknames. I eventually ended up naming an ugly looking Mii with the nickname I had for him, and naming my own that way as well. Using "Liesbet" in games for a while actually started to look cool to me, and it stuck.
It's actually a normal name in my country, just a less common spelling of it, but it still feels largely unique as I haven't seen it used as a gamertag before unlike my real name.

Edited by Liesbet

They're just my initials and then a number to satisfy the character limit lol