ALLISTER

How did you end up with your Gamertag?

Basically I never liked mii avatars for some reason so instead of making one look like myself I would make a generic one with all white/grey features and call it "Ghost". Last summer I decided to go to smash con on a spur of the moment and realized I needed a tag since I'd never been to a game tourney, so I was just lazy and went with that

It's a bland tag but I'm not gonna change it now. The "256" in my username is just remnants of my old gfaqs username and not a part of my actual tag, I just put that there on websites since I always assume Ghost is taken on most places already

Anyone here thought their story was boring, well beat this lol

My real name is Jesse Turnbull.

J
Esse

Turnbull

From there I just went on YouTube and Twitter and other social media sites and tried to find a word that could go with Jet and wasn't taken. I found that Jetsplit was available on pretty much every social media site I would want to make an account on, so I went with it.

My last name is Minsley, cut off the last 3 letters you get Mins! Since that story isn't particularly interesting, my alt gamertag FullAutoTuna was created for when Mins is taken. the first time i needed an different name than Mins, was around the time I was playing a ton of Awesomenauts. I was a Vinnie & Spike main, cuz he was beyond broken at the time, so I wanted to have something fish based. And then i thought the idea of a Tunafish gun funny. And thus FullAutoTuna was born. 

I needed a new tag after my old tag was short and had numbers in it. Before, "Sol64" was used mainly because it has the first 3 letters of my first name and my favourite console at the time was the N64. "64" is a common, generic number for users that want numbers at the end of their name though I personally haven't seen it too often. (Sol64 was also short enough to use for games that had 7 character limits and I didn't want to use my real name)

After a whiile, I learned that most notable people online never had numbers in their name and I learned that a bit too late so I wanted change it to something more serious and remove the numbers. I also decided to make it a pun on the game "Soulcalibur" (I also liked SC2)

And now this is the result. For some reason, I get a little bit of Spanish attention because "sol" is sun in Spanish and now with Pikachu Libre in Pokkén Tournament. People pronounce my tag in two different ways, I honestly deliver no attempt to correct anyone on how it actually sounds.

Edited by SolCalibre

I was looking for something truly original, like a second name, and that sounded cool. Something that would never be taken and be my own. I like how it sounds and the spellng, and it's stuck with me for years.

I was also told that it is close to the dutch translation for Aristocratic Fox, "Vos van Adel". Which wasn't planned, but hey that's pretty neat.

So, here's my story.

Recently(or it depends when this post was written), I asked the twitch streamer TwixxieNC  for a nickname. I told him my favorite animal(or something similar to this) was a mosquito, and that I identify as one. So, he gave me the name "MoskitoBandeto" because I absolutely LOVE mosquitos, and the bandeto(like a bandit) was just an addition to the name because it rhymed. Hence, " mosquito stealer ".  When I'm  at school and I see a mosquito I say " Live on forever, little mosquito" and it just flies off and people look at me like a crazy person.  In Pokkén, the name "MosquitoBandeto" was reccomended for me first, but it couldn't fit so he just erased some of the spelling. I accepted this name and I am known as Moskitobandeto on all of my social media except Twitch.TV, and Discord, I am known as Scyllbdis on discord with the profile picture I have on here.  I do not intend to make a twitch account named moskitobandeto. Besides social media, I like to be called Nico or Scy. 

"I am a crazy person! Can't you see? Look at my profile picture! I love long tongues and sharp teeth!" -Scy 2017

Edited by Moskitobandeto
woo spelling errors gj scy

I had trouble coming up with a name that stuck for a while, and just a year or two ago I thought to incorporate my first name so I wouldn't have to respond by my name and my tag (Thus 'Ricky').

I also thought it was unique that my grandfather and father share the same exact name as me, making me the third, (Thus 'The3rd')

and that's how RickyThe3rd was born!

(Don't ask me about my other gamer tags those were dark times)

SAI was my music producer name. I used to work for a record label and I produced trance music. Every knows I'm a music producer and audio mastering engineer who just plays Pokkén =D

Edited by SAI

"SAK" came from my initials. It was a stellar discovery when I was like 8 or 9. Think when I was 12 or something, I needed a name that wasn't taken for an internet forum. For some reason I don't recall, I added "paper," which was somehow never taken on any site. Guess if I were to be a bag, I'd be a paper one... and paper bags were easier to draw than plastic. Though I think there's a rapper or something on YouTube that stole my name, but let it be known, I've had this for like 15 years.

Then I got married and changed my name and effed everything up, but pfft I'm not going back and changing all these accounts. Somewhere in those 10+ years, I came up with a dragon avatar. So I signed up as Paper the Dragon when our Pokkén scene started, I think also during a mini DDR tournament before that. It was stupidly long but it was meant to be a joke name. It stuck, though. :P Now I'm in between names, but asking the Japanese DDR players to call me PaperSak is easier than Paper the Dragon and stands outs more than Paper. *shrug*

Woot! Story time!

I wasn't always Rasenryu. My original tag was Yin. I have a twin brother who's tag used to be Yang. Yin and Yang. We're cool people :D

I was in my room with 2 of my brothers and one of my good friends. I had just recently gotten Gears of War 2 for the XBOX 360 and before we started playing my friend said something like, "You should think of a cooler gamertag." I am NOT good at coming up with nicknames. Especially on the spot. Luckily, my favorite anime of all time is Naruto. And I really like the Japanese rivalry of the tiger and the dragon, especially in how it's graphically depicted. So this was easier than I thought it was gonna be and after about 5 minutes, Rasenryu was born (Rasen from Rasengan and Ryu from the Japanese word for Dragon). My friend was something like, "Oh! That's so cool!" and I had a giant smile on my face! Good times :D

I go by the name Roy and I used to play Roy in Super Smash Bros. Melee when I was a casual. As many people know, Roy's chant in that game when he was at high percent is "Roy Is Our Boy", which became a meme. Then I decided to go to my first Melee tournament. Unable to think of a tag, I just took RoyIsOurBoy and ran with it. It wasn't a good idea, because everyone at Smash tourneys that met me started asking if I played Roy, and the answer was "no, I play Marth and Ice Climbers", which was confusing, and even more confusing when they find out I love Mewtwo. But nonetheless, it stuck. Luckily that hasn't been a problem in the Pokkén community, because I've made myself pretty well known as Roy the Mewtwo lover :D 

I was making my youtube account a while ago and thought "Man, Calvin gaming sounds freaking lame"

So then I decided "Ragman" sounded cooler and made that my tag.

Years ago in our local Tekken 6 community out of the 12 players, we had 4 players named Jon (myself included). I always would get flustered and salty when I play Tekken and so one of the guys called my name out as Sad Jon to distinguish my name from the other Jons. Been running with that name ever since. I did go through some other name changes over the years before that. I used to be called BigRichez in the Soul Calibur scene but I feel that my new name is more reflective of everyone. Who doesn't get upset when you lose? Seems to stick pretty well when I play Pokkén too and I do plan on playing T7 as well. There's a Sadness in us all but it's what pushes us to become better.

So when I first joined the old Pokkén arena I was annoyed to find out someone took the name "Garchomp". So I took MegaGarchomp to basically one up them. 

That user wasn't even active and then I was stuck with a non functional, super generic name that Milln made fun of. 

So I asked everyone if it was cool to just change my tag. No one cared. Decided to try HornDrill. Added an extra L to solidify it as a unique name and not JUST the move from Pokémon. 

And it works so yeah. 

As for why I chose Horndrill in the first place? It's a badass move dude. And I thought drills were just the coolest ever since I was a kid. In school it was all I would draw even in kindergarten. I couldn't think of anything better to represent me, and it's a sorta subtle Pokémon reference. 

The only problem is now people think I call myself that because of Garchomp's charge X (which I tend to do a little too much).

Sometimes the simple name is the most functional. It may seem like I put a lot of thought into it but I didn't, it just made sense for me and I didn't over think it. 

Edited by Horndrilll

Well, when I was a young lad of 3-4 years of age I was in our garden one day helping bring in peas and tomatoes and such. As we were leaving a grasshopper jumped on my head. Took him inside and made friends. Ever since I've had a fascination with bugs and the nickname my mother gave me "Bughead" just kinda stuck within the family. Fast forward to now and Bughead is what I use for all my online accounts.

used zacknscreechin but name is not zack and I didnt like hearing Zack in short lol. It was from a lil flip freestyle.

Anyway I wanted to change it up so I decided Swivels and decided to shorten it to Swivz :)

no reason. I think of a swivel chair and seems fun

Aqua Teen Hunger Force used to be one of my all time favorite shows

The episode where a little Shake comes to the neighborhood was one of my favorites!

The little Shake's name was 'Ezekiel' but that was usually taken most of the time, so I added a Z and it's been my thing for almost a decade 

CoLaw comes from a combination of of my real name, and my old username of SaveTheOutlaw, though the origins of SaveTheOutlaw go well back. It comes from another old tag of AirMacSTO, the STO being a tag of a clan I used to be part on Roblox (this was like 2008 when Roblox was cool), and later on I decided I disliked the tag of AirMac, so I decided to expand upon the STO, which I decided to make into SaveTheOutlaw.

I'm not comfortable with giving the exact reason, since it's deeply personal to me, but all I will say is this: Espeon is more than just a "favourite" Pokemon.  My tag holds a much deeper meaning than that, at least to me.

I use this GT for all my fighting games but my original name was going to be nelix and I added that to lexicon because they're hard to read and it was sitting on a shelf next to me so I combined the two and it sounded good... tried to change to psyburn once... everyone called me nelexicon anyway lol

Zocker is basically just "gamer" in german. I came to it from my online name "Thessbmzocker" which just means the super smash bros melee zocker, a name Ive had for quite some years now. People usually just call me Zocker lol. But yeah, thats how it started.

I enjoyed alliterations and Gengar was my spirit animal, mind you this was also the time when Spooky Skeleton memes were more prevalent, and in the then 13 year old mind of mine, Spanker was a perfect end to the alliteration. That said, now that I've kept it around I've slowly been phasing out the Spanker portion, and usually just go by SilentSpooky or even SilentSpookySpecter nowadays as it keeps the alliteration AS WELL as keeps up the ghost motif and shares the same letter count as Spanker. All in all, clever decision that was a spur of the moment thought, there is your history lesson for the day my lad

at first I went by the name Sayako Takeda because I liked Japanese names and it was similar to a name from a book I read.

then I realised that people may think that my name is actually Sayako so I changed it.

so here's the story: I'm currently still in school and I'm always that one loner kid in the corner of the room. people have come up to me randomly to say hi, just to get a reaction from me. sometimes I'm caught unawares so I only nod in response. I guess I seem really mysterious to them. I liked this idea of "mystery" and thought of words relating to that to use as my gamertag and Enigma popped up in my head so yeah here we are.

Enigma meaning "a person or thing that is difficult to understand" and it does suit my Pokkén playstyle as I'm not that good and sometimes (accidentally) use moves that are strange in that situation...

I still use Sayako Takeda as my "real" (fake) name behind Enigma. so yup there you go. my gamertag.

I like Wasabi, but thought it would be a funnier GT if I spelled it as if sounding it out.  Hence: "Wuh-Saw-Be".  It just stuck with me through the years....

... I know what you're thinking: "bro, that's deeeeeep!"

Edited by WuhSawBe