ALLISTER

How did you end up with your Gamertag?

Hey Pokè Pals! The video game community is full of wonderful players that are identified by unique gamertags. These are special because it is their exclusive identity, a name that represents them in the world of gaming. 

What is your gamertag, and what is the story behind it?

I didn't like my old tag, and back in fall, I was asking people for ideas of a new tag. Sannom suggested I use my favorite onomatopoeia. Ghav is the Greek onomatopoeia of a dog's bark. Bam.

It was roughly around when I was like eleven or so and I needed to make online accounts to play all of those cool old-time Flash games and MMOs. Back in the day, I had a big thing for Griffins and had designed an elemental beast version of one with Wind & Fire affinity. So I took two of my favorite words back then:

Zephyr & Flare

However, I didn't like how "flare" looks, so a homonym was used in its place, and I shortened the first for my two-syllable name tendency, and you get Zyflair.

It's pretty much just the tag I've used online forever. 

"Drakon" for a draconic-esque flair because I've always been pretty obsessed with dragons and I think that's the name of a species of dragon-people was in a short story I wrote when I was like 10

"Zeta" because I was really into learning greek mythology and the language at that point, and I always liked the letter. It's a "z" sound for the edge in english, is the sixth letter in the Greek alphabet for perfect number funtimes, and idk I like how it's pronounced. Assuming you pronounce it "Zey-ta" rather than "Zetta" :V

....My name is RoksoTheSavage...

Rokso or ROCKSO is the name of the clown from the adult swim show Metalocalypse

Savage comes from my friends telling me I do a on point Randy Macho Man Savage impression...

I regret this name but how people play with it amuses me so I'm ok with it now

Story time fellas, 

I needed a nickname after elementary school and I've decided to choose Jamm. It's a combination of my real name (Jamie Mancini). I've stuck with it ever since and was my gamertag since 2008 when I  started playing games on XBOX 360 online. It all started when I played COD 4 and Halo 3, I was decent.  Also I'm honoring a character named Jam from Snowboard Kids on the N64 (If you ever played that game, your awesome.)

Edited by Jamm
Better Story for my tag

you see it's very complicated

chef is 4 characters

TheDuckman0 is 11 and contains 2 capitals and a number

chef is shorter that's it

I'm a furry and Zaskyl is my fursona's name. 

I couldn't think of one (I'm terrible at naming things) so I used a name generator. The name generator suggested "Zaskel". I liked the name but I hated the way it looked when it was written. So I changed it to "Zaskyl".

So mine derives from my old username SkullKidDale that I made when I was like 11.  I really loved Majoras Mask back then and named myself after Skull Kid in that game plus with my last name, Dale, at the end.  Then about a year or two ago I realized I didn't really like the name anymore, but I still liked the shortened initials SKD.  Don't know why, it kind of stuck.  Thus, I shortened it to SKDale.

I was 14 and I needed a tag for Xbox Live, and after about 10 minutes of trying stuff and getting denied, I thought, "hey, rainbows are cool. Dinosaurs are also cool."

Thus, Ra1nbowD1no was born. I shortened it to Ra1nbow when I got into Smash 4, although my Twitch name is still the full thing.

I randomly thought of the word when I was younger and needed a better screen name than what I used for my AOL IM account.

Thus, Fumu.  I was told later it was roughly translated from Japanese to mean "to step on", so at least it kinda sounds intimidating.

Years ago, I had a couple of particular character flaws. Because of those flaws, I ended up really upsetting/hurting some of my friends. At that point, I grew an immense dislike of myself and the things I had done, so I abandoned my old accounts in order to distance myself and remove my toxic presence from my friend's lives.

I tried to start over with a new online identity, and I used the name "Quiet" (or Quiet Repentance) as a reminder to myself to live on as a better person, not just for myself, but for everybody around me.

It's been about six or seven years since that point. I think I'm doing okay.

While playing Pokkén, I've gone by a few different tags. Originally I used my Smash 4 tag, ShyGuy, as that was my grandfather's nickname for me when I was very young (my real nickname is Shy). However, I didn't really like this tag as I felt it was too generic and too similar to some other gamers' tags. I'm a fan of puns, and the standard vs code I was using at the time to play with friends was weebvile. Thus, I capitalized and re-purposed it as my new gamertag. 

I also occasionally enter my local bracket as "Machamo." This is a joke tag that I use when I'm in a slump to help me try and refresh my mentality and get over anything negative that may be holding me back. This one stems from a conversation between Corgian, Kino, and myself, in which Corgian misspelled Machamp. At the time, Kino and I found it really funny, so I joked about changing my tag permanently to Machamo in homage of Corgian's unfortunate habit of misspelling everything. I actually tend to play my best when I'm using my joke tag, so whenever I do well in a match at Versus as "Weebvile", local players will tell me I'm actually Machamo instead. So basically, I've had a generic tag, a pun tag, and a meme tag. 

When I was trying to come up with a tag name, I wanted something that had a ring to it and was related to my main in Pokkén. So I tried to think of things related to "Psychic" with little success so instead I thought to try to integrate the word "Psychic" into another term to make it like a homophone, and thus how I eventually arrived at the tag "Psyanide". 

I go by a lot of names, the root of them being Spin. (Spinnamon, Spinsunoo, etc)

My original tag was SpinCycle, waaaaay back in 2008. It was what I always called Sonic's Spin Dash. 

The twitch name 'SpinCycleMechaSonicViper' was a drawing of Mecha Sonic that I found on DeviantArt in 2011.

Over the years I've kept it as Spin or SpinCycle.

For me I was thinking of a new nickname for this game because my previous one was Hyperkirby013 and I felt that wouldn't be a good look at tournaments and such so I got to thinking. I ended up thinking of Pokemon and my fave pokemon is Darkrai (obviously) and I considered myself the Master of Darkrai, but since Darkrai wasn't in the game I changed it to Master of Darkness for lols but it stuck. And Six and a few others asked if they could call me M.o.D since my name was so long and I said yeah and even changed my name to M.o.D to simplify it and badabingbadaboom new tag.

I don't even know how old I was, but I was young and playing Pokémon Crystal and I decided to make a name that'd max out the character limit, which was 7. My favorite letter was "N" for some reason, and I still think it is. Starting from there, I mumbled letters until something came up, but I didn't feel it sounded good so I decided to branch off a word starting with "N." Nerd came into my mind and I mumbled out "ee-o." Ever since then, I've used "Nerdieo" as my username for everything, often with an exclamation point, as I think the name looks "naked" without it, haha.

Ion was a nickname given to me by my friends from 2010 onward and since then the name just stuck and I've used it in just about every gamertag I've had.

Well I needed a username for forums and such, and I'm not a very creative person. So I took my Chinese given name "Jie Ming", removed the e, and then mashed the two words together. That was the birth of "JiMing".

Then I started realizing that other people had been taking the "jiming" username on other platforms like Twitter, and they are lame people. But I couldn't really do anything about i but come up with a way to make the name distinct, and I wasn't about to add random numbers to the username. So I took the initials of a Bionicle forum I used to frequent and appended it to the front of my tag, with an underscore connecting the two names together. 

Thus is the story of how my gamertag became BZP_JiMing. The initials aren't a very interesting story, but hey it made EventHubs think I had a crew or was sponsored, and it makes for small talk conversation. 

Back when I was in 6th grade, all the cool kids at the front of the bus would bring our DS and play different games with local wireless. For about a month or two, we were all really hooked on Mario Kart DS because we didn't all have to have the game (one person could let anybody with the game play).

Since I didn't have the game, I had to play as Shy Guy which also happened to be the character for CPUs (computer players). One day I thought I would be funny and change my DS nickname to CPU57 so whenever I passed somebody they would think a 57th computer player was racing and destroying them (I played video games a lot more than everybody else, so I won fairly often).

Eventually that day I told everybody and we all laughed about it.

A little while later I started using some forums from my DSi browser (because I had no other device to access the internet). I ended up sticking my real name (Kalon, pronounced "kay-lunn" where "kay" rhymes with "hey" and "lunn" rhymes with "run") in front of "cpu57" and stuck with it because I would grow to love working with computers. Now I'm kaloncpu57 and my bot (Twitch bot, Discord bot, forum bot, Twitter bot, etc.) is CPU57.

Edited by kaloncpu57
Added pronunciation for my name, because I always get asked. lol

I collect rocks a lot, and I found this really prettu piece of azurite once.  Next day I went into a new irc server and I needed a nick, so I put "Uncanny." A few months later I found out there was already 3 people named Uncanny there, so it became Azurite instead