Nerdieo

Locals Near Me?

Heya, everyone in PokkenArena! I'm new to the site, but not to Pokkén and I was wondering if anybody here knows if there's any Pokkén tournaments in Bakersfield, CA? I use this city because there's quite a bit of SFV and Smash action there, and I was wondering if anybody here lives near the place. I'm about half an hour away and figured there's bound to be somewhere. Anyone know of any Pokkén action goin' on there? If not, I'm definitely gonna talk to one of those Smash TOs.

Hey, welcome to Pokkén Arena! We hope you enjoy the site :Lucario:

Unfortunately, after messaging some people, it doesn't seem like we currently have any regular Pokkén events happening in Bakersfield. I've gathered a list of the regular events in California, so hopefully one of these is close enough that you would be able to attend. If not, definitely let us know if you talk with the Smash TOs! It would be awesome if a new local scene started because of you!

Burst Attack!
Frequency: Every Sunday (Weekly)

Fair Fights!
Frequency: Every other Sunday (Biweekly)

Wednesday Night Fights
Frequency: Every Wednesday (Weekly)

AV Fight Nights
Frequency: Every Friday (Weekly)

Sunday Siege

Frequency: Every Sunday (Weekly)

Information: https://www.facebook.com/groups/socalpokkentournament/

The 805 Tourney

Frequency: Uncertain

Pokkén at 138

Frequency: One Saturday Per Month (Monthly)

Oh my god, thank you so much! Sadly, none of these are even under 1 and a half from me, but that doesn't mean I won't give them a shot one day! And a buddy of mine is having a monthly Smash tourney tomorrow and I'm DEFINITELY gonna find that TO and talking to him about Pokkén! I'll be giving updates! :D Thanks again, my dude! 

You are very welcome! I'm sorry I couldn't provide you with something closer to you. :( If you ever have the chance, you should definitely check out Wednesday Night Fights. It's one of the two most well-known Pokkén weeklies and most of SoCal's best players attend regularly.

Please let us know how it goes at the Smash Monthly! If you ever have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Unfortunately, nothing within CenCal, but I know a player over at Bakersfield. He's not on the forum as far as I can tell, so I tweeted you his handle (@a1rforcejustin).