V-drift

Self introduction and Newbie (Can't think of a title)

Hello. So... I guess I'll introduce myself here a bit. I'm V-drift. You'll see my character in Pokkén called Rocky (That's what I name most of the avatars when I start a game). I guess you could say I am still a newbie at Pokkén. I've had the game for a few months. I got it if I remember well at the start of this year. Around February or so. Um... Some say I don't behave like a newbie from what they see. But I consider myself a newbie until I dedicated either a good amount of hours into the game, or dedicated myself to the game like say around 6 or 8 months? ... I tend to usually think I'm not perfect, but it tends to sound like I'm also bringing myself down, so I apologize if that happens. I don't mean to sound like that. Just a way to remind myself, there are still things I can improve on.

I'm glad that out of many games, Pokkén still had good netcoding. However, because of my situation with NAT type (Stuck with C or D which is Strict), I have to use a VPN and... let's just say it gets laggy. Sometimes barely noticible, other times, there is tons of lag and I'll consider it mostly being my fault because you know, it happens. But regardless of lag, I try my best to consider what I can do in the moment.

Before I say the last thing, I also want to apologize for making use of the newbie training gym as an introduction thing. But the last thing I want to say is a simple question as well.

So I joined the discord because I was actually curious if it is the official Pokkén community with official people who've gone to tournaments and plays online (to my surprised, never though I'd find the people who rekt me in Psydisaster X'D I still don't feel like I deserve my top placement in it. But I am curious. Would you all recommend me to ask advice for Blastoise and Empoleon on the Pokkén Discord, or am I better off asking in the pokémon specific discord?

Hope we can all get along, regardless of how good or bad one is at the game.

Hello there! Asking in the specific character server will usually get you answers from others who main that character. If your asking for specific advice about a character, their respective server will help you there. If you're looking for general information (such as numpad notation) the main cord is good at that.

Thank you so much, Fiora. I have yet to introduce myself on the main Discord. But hopefully, after that, I'll join the character specific servers. Since 3 v 3 format is used, and my favorite typings are water types, I want to make sure I can use all three water types. No harm in using favorite characters over play style every now and then, right?