Waled05

Instant chargeable moves in input recorder explanation

TL;DR: hold up and shield then input a button twice to do a chargeable move instantly, I suggest reading the whole thing for details.

Turns out to be related to input recorder, also it seems to not be a glitch but rather an intentional function.

Replicated this with Machamp using the same inputs got different results depending on direction:

holding in a direction>Press shield and input a button twice and then drop shield such that you buffer the button.

when holding down with machamp, you get the 20 second [X]

holding backwards gives you the level 2 [X]

while holding up gives you the quickest variant 1[X]

diagonals, neutral and forward don't seem to do anything, so it's most likely coded intentionally.

video link: https://youtu.be/M4MxGObJ7LI

Note: you can do this mid recording :)

yeehaw.gif.5834bb9a9a0c7d07975c7b0bab275d93.gif

Gengar's ]A[ only works with the up direction, so that might be the default.

I tried buffering it with other moves but it only works if you hold R while doing said move. (gengar 8Y[R(AA)])

I successfully did Gengar's instant j.]A[ using: Jump [R(8AA)] hold R while pressing 8A twice.

21016686_gengarj.A.gif.9abd3217bef7109299010db32a839dd8.gif

Note: you need to hold up during the [R(AA)], you can hold up before jumping but if you need to do something specific like forward jump, you need to make sure it's 8 and not a diagonal.

[8R(5AA]) doesn't work, [5R(8AA)] works fine but I suggest holding up the entire time for easier execution.

I tried doing permeate and then buffering j.]A[ but nothing seems to work.

Ye, just an input recording glitch. No one knows how to replicate it to my knowledge, though. 

15 hours ago, Mewtater said:

Ye, just an input recording glitch. No one knows how to replicate it to my knowledge, though. 

updated post to explain how to do it.