RoyIsOurBoy

A Thank You To The Pokkén Community - From RoyIsOurBoy

Hello there Pokkén community. Remember me? I’m that guy with a Mewtwo fetish who spent more time talking about his body than spending time trying to be good with him in Pokkén….alright I hope that’s not all I’m remembered for, but regardless, I used to be here for a long time. I’ve since decided to move on from Pokkén and pursue other things, but I feel I ended it on a sour note. I had a rough experience at NA Internationals and I really felt out of place being there, which is what made me realize that competitive gaming was not for me anymore. So I started taking steps to separate myself from the community, and in essence, tried to act like I was never here. But it eventually hit me that going out like that is completely disrespectful to everything this community has done for me and taught me. So I felt I needed to say one last thank you to the community because I can’t ignore how great my time here was overall.     

Firstly, I feel that my mentality from when I first joined here, and my mentality now, is like night and day. I was straight up an immature, mentally-challenged person when I first joined here. And it took a lot of trial and error, AKA, getting people mad at me, to grow up and mentally improve. I still have more work to do on it, but I’ve noticed so improvements, not only in my mentality towards Pokkén, but just throughout normal life. I look at things in more positive ways than I did before. Secondly, I’ve learned a lot about human interaction from being here. Something I’m looking forward to applying in my real life. Being a stutterer, plus being home schooled through high school, being in the Pokkén community was my biggest exposure to conversation, friendship, and other things, that I’ve had in a long time. I’ve kinda been taught what I should and shouldn’t do when it comes to that stuff. I would get into arguments, I would be rude, and this goes along with my improvement in mentality as well. I’ve had good friendships, and in some ways, let them slip away a little. I feel because of mistakes I’ve made in the past and how I’ve made less contact with people, my chance to regain those good friendships is very small at this point. But the way I see it, if you’re going to make mistakes and learn from them, it’s better to do that here than in real life.

I’ve learned a lot of good life lessons, but those aside, let’s focus on the fun now. My life these last 2 ½ years would have been so boring without you folks. I had one of the best experiences in my life which was the Evo 2017 Pokkén side event, my first Pokkén event. I’ve had countless nights of laughter from reading the Discord chats, I’ve played a game that allowed me to connect with people like no other game has. And tbh I never actually loved the game. What I actually loved the whole time was the community and it took me awhile to realize that. So I feel that leaving on a sour note isn’t proper for a community like this.

Let me shout out some names of people in particular I’ve enjoyed or helped me a lot: Ghostgodzilla, M.o.D, GenoGunkMain, Mewtater, Aegis, Thulius, Psyanide, Allister, OsoheGhost, N8, SKDale, Niko, RickyThe3rd. And if your name wasn’t mentioned, don’t worry, I still care about you too.

I will likely still show up in the Discords every now and then so it’s not like this is a farewell. But if this was going to be a final message, I had to make a thank you, one of the many I’ve given to the community. So again, thank you guys. I’ve appreciated my time here, and I won’t rule out the chance of there being another chapter of RoyIsOurBoy. But for now I will continue my journey through other adventures that life brings me. See ya later.

- Roy

I haven't had the chance to meet you before since I'm still new but I just wish the best from you, I'll stay here with the rest of the community if you ever need us.