Zaskyl

What's Suicune's biggest flaw?

I thought this might be an interesting topic to discuss. I also see the possibility to help others overcome something that they might be having difficulty with.

What would you say us Suicune's biggest flaw?

Personally, I would have to say it's the lack of a counter attack pierce aside from the burst attack and the charged counter. It seems like I sometimes find myself pressing j.A in vain and hoping that it will pierce. 

Aurora Beam's lag is definitely an issue, no doubt about it. But I find that the move's usefulness easily balances it out at the same time. I just try to avoid it unless I'm either too far away from them to react to it or I'm certain I'll be able to get a hit off of it.

It was really annoying when I first started playing Suicune.

Other than Aurora Beam,

Suicune's counter. 
A lot of people say Suicune's counter is "broken" or "OP" but unfortunately it's not that great. The flaw is that Suicune's counter hitbox is his hurtbox. So pretty much, any attack can stop it. The opponent just has to attack first as the counter is released.

51 minutes ago, ALLISTER said:

Suicune's counter. 
A lot of people say Suicune's counter is "broken" or "OP" but unfortunately it's not that great. The flaw is that Suicune's counter hitbox is his hurtbox. So pretty much, any attack can stop it. The opponent just has to attack first as the counter is released.

Don't forget how linear it is. I've completely missed multiple times because my opponent was moving in field phase that it leaves you wide open. That's another issue within itself. It's pretty good in duel phase though, although if you go straight for the up counter and it whiffs, then it's free damage for your opponent. 

Edited by WECKmaster329
grammar errors

In field phase it sucks. Upcounter is good in field though.
In duel phase it still sucks. People can jump over it or shield then 2y, if it's uncharged it's punished. If they're just standing there after you release they can attack it. 
Also as weck mentioned, if you miss upcounter, free max damage combo. Good thing most people panic and punish with grab instead lol.

7 minutes ago, WECKmaster329 said:

Don't forget how linear it is. I've completely missed multiple times because my opponent was moving in field phase that it leaves you wide open. That's another issue within itself. It's pretty good in duel phase though, although if you go straight for the up counter and it whiffs, then it's free damage for your opponent. 

7 minutes ago, WECKmaster329 said:

And if it whiffs, and you miss the follow up, it's a free critical throw for your opponent.

Suicune's weak Burst Mode. When other characters enter Burst, they are very threatening. You're afraid to push buttons. If you stay in your shield they either apply insane shield pressure (enough to possibly break it) or have a grab that deals a lot of damage. Suicune has neither. The Burst Attack itself is so slow, and is easily reactable to be punished by a grab. We have a slow charge and terrible BA benefits (rainbows are pretty, I guess.) 

As a Suicune main, I think his biggest flaw is his burst attack. Also he has so many unsafe options in both phases. But at the same time waterfall is bae. 

On 12/29/2016 at 0:24 AM, ALLISTER said:

Here's a simple video I made that references to what I talked about earlier. 

I did some matches on stream today and faced a bunch of E5 Lucario.

"Why I Actually Dropped a Round" in a nutshell.