Mister Wu

The internal Attack Tables of the Fighter and Support Pokémon of the Wii U Pokkén Tournament version 1.3

1 post in this topic

I recently found and parsed the attacks tables of all the fighter Pokémon and Support Pokémon of the Wii U Pokkén Tournament version 1.3. Even though this information can be readily used only in the Wii U version, I think it's useful also for Pokkén Torunament DX as many values were likely ported as they were in Wii U version 1.3 or changed only slightly.

Fighters: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eLc32LjLESsI39WV1XR3oaTgVWLVCG-E8Ud6Pl6f-Qw/edit?usp=sharing

Support: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pZ6IXN0827WVapfwAOsKrM32DBOhxLwRq6W1iZWKBfU/edit?usp=sharing

And now a few explanations:

WHAT ARE THESE?

These tables are a transcription of the data used by the game to determine various properties of the attacks which are usually referred to as hits by the game, even though some multi-hit attacks are also found (e.g. throws and Burst Attacks).

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THE VALUES IN THE COLUMNS?

So far, @Bazaro and I discovered the meaning of the values in the following columns:

• A is the name
  • B and C are various events related to the attack
  • F is Damage
  • H is Damage while Shielding (known as Chip Damage)
  • J is the Scaling
  • M is the attack class, so far the certain ones are 1 (Projectile), 2 (Laser/Alternative Ranged), 3 (Anti-projectile), 5 (around the opponent like in Shadow Punch), 6 (Normal), 8 (Nondamaging Impact)
  • O is the attack type, it can be 1 (Attack), 2 (Counterattack), 3 (Grab), 4 (Others)
  • AI indicates whether the attack immediately causes a Phase Shift from Field Phase to Duel Phase
  • AP indicates whether the attack is a throw
  • AQ indicates whether the attack pierces through armors
  • AR indicates whether the attack nullifies other attacks and moves (typically used for the activation of Synergy Burst)
  • AU indicates whether the attack is able to break the shield
  • AX is a Scaling value used for other purposes, for now I can confirm that it is the Scaling value applied when the move breaks the shield.
  • BG indicates if the moves affects the status of the opponent, BD indicates whether the move changes the status, BC indicates the type of status change (so far, I discovered 13 = Attack Down, 14 = Defense Down, 15 = Speed Down, 16 = Weaker Synergy Burst, 17 = No Critical Hits, 19 = No Synergy Burst), CU indicates how many points are given to the status change, the status change is nullified when they are 0 and they are gradually depleted over time unless Chandelure's 5[X] dance is used on the opponent, in which case they increase over time
  • BM and BL indicate respectively if a non-throw attack gives HP and how many HP are given
  • BO and BN indicate respectively if a non-throw attack drains HP and how many HP are drained
  • BQ and BP indicate respectively whether a move has an associated Attack's Synergy Points (ASP) value and what is that value: a positive ASP increases the Synergy Gauge of the fighter by the amount of SP indicated, a negative ASP decreases the Synergy Gauge of the opponent by the amount of SP indicated, in both cases the ASP value is used only if the attack is not blocked
  • BS and BR indicate respectively whether a move affects the Support Gauges and what is the effect: a positive number increases the Support Gauge of the fighter, a negative number decreses the Support Gauge of the opponent
  • CA is Shield Damage (damage dealt to the shield)
  • CC are the Phase Shift Points conferred by the attack
  • DV and DY are the hit stop
  • EQ and ET are the block stun
  • FL to GA are animations related to the attack, FL and  FP indicate the animation when the attacks hit an opponent on the ground, FM is the animation when the attack is guarded, FO is the animation when the attack hits an opponent in the air

Yup, there's a lot left to discover, I'll update this explanation when we discover the meaning of new columns!

By the way, column BT apparently contains Japanese characters encoded in an odd way I can't decode, for now I'll just report them as integers.

HOW ARE THE ATTACKS NAMED?

The naming isn't always consistent, in that apparently the first Pokémon introduced in the game use an older naming, while the newer ones use a more modern, easier to read naming.

Anyway, here are a few general rules:

• the Pokémon are referred to by their National PoKèdex number
  • the Pokémon in Synergy Burst are referred to as 100 (old naming) or ex (both naming)
  • Field Phase attacks have a fp (old naming) or FP (new naming) in the name, while Duel Phase attacks have a dp (old naming) or DP (new naming) in the name
  • f means forward, b means backward, lr means left/right (in Field Phase), u means up (in Duel Phase), d means down (in Duel Phase)
  • air means that the move is executed while jumping
  • weak attacks (Y) are named a (old naming) or W (new naming)
  • strong attack (X) are named b (old naming) or S (new naming)
  • in the case of the new naming, a number after the move indicate the order of the hit in the multi-hit sequence (e.g. S2 is the second hit of 5X)
  • Pokémon Moves are named after their Japanese names and in the new naming they are preceded by PK
  • hold means that the button is held before hitting
  • block is the counter attack
  • throw is the main (B + Y) throw
  • exat is the Burst (ex) Attack (at)

WHAT ARE THE HP OF THE SHIELD?

In the Wii U version, all the fighters except for Weavile, Chandelure and Shadow Mewtwo have a shield with 600 HP. Those latter three have a shield with 480 HP.

HOW DOES PHASE SHIFT WORK WITH RESPECT TO THOSE VALUES?

From my preliminary tests, phase shifting works very differently in Field Phase and Duel Phase:

• in Duel Phase, a Phase Shift happens when 600 Phase Shift Points are reached or after a main throw (B + Y) or a Burst Attack
  • in Field Phase, Phase Shift Points are not considered and a Phase Shift happens only when an attack with phase shifting ability (non-zero value in the AI column) connects, when the shield is broken or after a throw

SO, HOW DO PHASE SHIFT POINTS WORK IN BOTH PHASES?

Phase Shift Point work differently in Field and duel Phase:

• In Field Phase, reaching 600 Phase Shift Points triggers an automatic air tech from the opponent that prevents side effects such as stuns or Phase Shift to Duel Phase
  • In Duel Phase, reaching 600 Phase Shift Points triggers a phase change to Field Phase

When 600 Phase Shift Points are reached and the event happens, the Phase Shift Points are reset.

Essentially, it looks like Phase Shift Points are a combo prevention system to avoid unlimited comboing of certain attacks. Props to @kaloncpu57 for discovering this!

HOW MANY SYNERGY POINTS USED BY THE GAME CORRESPOND TO 100cc?

Following my tests, I can confirm that 100cc correspond to 400 Synergy Points.

That's it for now, by the way, since those are attack tables, the Support Pokémon that only confer bonuses don't have meaningful values, in particular Eevee has some attacks of Fennekin (and yes, this is indeed in the original table!).

Furthermore, I'm tryng to keep the same layout I found in the original tables also to guide us in the interpretation of the meaning of new columns, so feel free to make derivative tables from this data which are much easier to read!

If you have other questions, please ask!

Edited by Mister Wu
Fixed wording, adding the special purpose Scaling, confirmed for now to be the Shield Break Scaling