Sign in to follow this  
Midori

Scizor Matchups (According to best scizor 2016)

DISCLAIMER:

This is the opinion of RaRa (One of the best Scizors in Japan at the moment). Please take everything with a grain of salt and use this as a guidance rather than a bible as MU chart will change over time.

Original message:

.eJwFwVEOgyAMANC7cAAqUOrwNgQJmikltGYfy-6-977mmZfZzKE6ZAPYTyk8dyvKM7dqG3O7ah6n2MI3ZNVcjrt2FfCBHGJAFykmQv9K4Clg8jG61SOFZXErPP3d-dPt6M38_gclItk.R9oiad8lfl1lcz5hCRX8lYXcpYE

Translation:

Advantage: Machamp, Croagunk

Slight advantage: Gengar, Charizard, Suicune, Darkrai

Even: Mewtwo, Braixen, Sceptile, Garchomp

Slight disadvantage: Pikachu, Lucario, Weavile, Gardevoir, Libre, Shadow Mewtwo

Disadvantage: Chandelure, Blaziken

Edited by Midori

Shoutouts to Midori for actually getting this information from players in Japan! 

Making me feel fraudulent with this Japanese display name lolol.

On topic: I'm curious to know what makes Scizor have this match up spread. His worst match ups seem to be polar opposites - a zoner and a rushdown character. But those titles alone don't really do it justice, so I'm guessing what really makes those match ups tough is the constant CA-pierce Scizor is forced to deal with and high pressure. Probably makes it difficult to get Swords up. 

Haha you're far from fraud, I'd hate translating movelists especially THAT quickly with THAT much detail so kudos :D!

I'm actually discussing that with RARA atm, honestly speaking I'm not convinced at his current reasoning so far, but the convo is not finished so let's see what he says in the end :D.

Points covered so far:

- Blazi can lame you out in field and will get burst faster than you, and he also walks faster so he can play the stall game better than you can

- DP Blazi that knows the MU can use certain blockstrings to bait out U-turn

Currently discussing: Blazi footsies. He said if Blazi jumps then he'll die > This is what has me really confused tbqh. Blazi has footsies without air moves?

On 12/27/2016 at 9:11 PM, Midori said:

Currently discussing: Blazi footsies. He said if Blazi jumps then he'll die > This is what has me really confused tbqh. Blazi has footsies without air moves?

Yes. The threat of Blaze Kicks/Flare Blitz is always there, 5A (Heatwave) is pretty good for spacing, 2X goes super far and is a decent low profile, and while AA is a big weak point of his, they're present in 6Y, 8Y, and 8A

This is exciting!

If it's to be believed it'll help me as a Garchomp player with 4 bad match ups plus an option for the spaghetti ass ditto.