Sign in to follow this  
LoneAtom

So What can I do Close Range

3 posts in this topic

Those who use Chandelure know he is best at a distance range. But when it comes to close range, I tend to utilize the many counters he has, but at the same time what can you do to further optimize close range matchups? Especially against Machamps, Pika Libres, Weaviles, and Lucarious. Who do massive amounts of damage upfront and Chandelure being a glass cannon just cannot take that sizable amount of close range punishment. I find the one move with the fire wheel spinning around works to keep people off, but is there anything else that can be done?

I mean I don't know about anything complex, but I like to use 5YY, smog, 8Y, 2X. Dude, there's plenty of tools. Unless you mean for field phase. That's kind of a different matter.

If they got in closer than your 5Y range, you're gonna need a miracle to get outta there, depending on the player.

Overheat is a last resort, but people will often be trying to bait it. Should you use that move, you may wanna look into a support that clears or replaces debuffs. Smog is okay unless they jump, in which case it's terrible. 8Y is great if they do jump. Minimize is good if they're clearly going to do something that's an attack, but it can be grabbed. :( While it's an awful position to be in, you have some ok options.