Sign in to follow this  
五月雨のペンタオ

Can regular Blaze Kick be option selected the same way as EX Blaze Kick?

Topic title.

I play Blaziken on the side sometimes and was just wondering this. I've noticed some of my opponents who can OS the EX Version often fail to OS the regular version of Blaze Kick. Is the timing for OSing EX Kick different from regular Kick?

I've found myself being able to get away with regular kick a lot. This has been pretty nice since regular kick is safe, costs no HP and people seem to not OS it due to the shorter window of opportunity. I mean it's also minus a lot so it's not THAT great but if they went for the OS and failed, I'm usually the one at advantage.

Sorry Pentao the god for no reply! The answer is yes, but most people aren't looking for the non-EX version which is why it works more than not. But after practice the animation is so distinct from EX Blitz that you can always 8Y after ducking. It's a guaranteed punish even if your timing isn't great against normal kicks because even if you go for normal Blitz, normal kicks doesn't do enough block stun to beat out players who 8Y late waiting for the second kick to fly over their head.