Fumu

Frosty Faustings X (2018) Feedback Thread

Homepage-Header-Website.jpg

Hi folks!  We want to hear your feedback about the event!

Post below with your feedback in regards to the event, stream, or anything else related to the event.

Thanks!

It was an enjoyable event.  Out of curiosity what mediums did we advertise on for requesting volunteers to help run Pokkén?

Positives:
- Event provided setups and good amount of setups
- Not super early pools
- Stream was very professional! Provided headsets and everything with instant uploads of VODs.

Negatives:
- Half the pools weren't streamed because of smash. Makes sense though they wanted to give stream time to both games.
- Finals were held kind of late on Friday, but I guess it was nice to have Saturday free.

Overall an above-average event. Really impressed how few issues the tournament had.

20 hours ago, H2_ said:

It was an enjoyable event.  Out of curiosity what mediums did we advertise on for requesting volunteers to help run Pokkén?

Afaik the event organizers of FF put word out across Twitter and Facebook, mostly focusing on Facebook. There were a few tweets that went out leading up to the event from their official twitter but they were mostly one and dones. They kept constant reminders across multiple Facebook FGC groups as well as Chicago Pokkén (I can't speak to for other state Pokkén groups as I'm not a part of them as well as not using Facebook as much as I used to). I personally had no power over who the volunteers were or who was on commentary until the day of when I was able to make on-site changes.

I would be grasping at straws to complain about Pokkén; it seemed like it went on schedule and ran smoothly. I guess I'd've personally been going insane if I was in the first pool and had to stay through grand finals. But if I anticipated being that good, I should just get the hotel there to nap or something. x_x

Is it fair to mention Puyo here? Pokkén headphones worked out perfecto because of the jack being in the Switches, but the lack of place to plug in headphones on Puyo kinda made it stressful when I miss the audio cue from the opponent's side. Either needed some speakers or audio splitters for headphones, I think... not sure what other single-screen fighting games do. Also, the rumor that games were potentially behind a patch. x_x  Would've liked if all the characters were unlocked, too, but you don't need it for Swap. All of that was fixed for top 8, though. There might've been some miscommunication between TOs and people being in two brackets, as somebody else got DQed into losers for being in a mystery game match. It seemed as long as I was in constant contact with the TOs, they never forgot me, haha.